The Pre-School of Dorridge Methodist Church
Here at Windmills, we provide a caring, safe and stimulating atmosphere where children can learn and develop through play. We pride ourselves on our ability to provide a happy, warm and secure atmosphere and ensure every child is nurtured as an individual.
We help children to build their skills to reach their full potential and give them a positive approach towards learning that will give them an excellent foundation for school. We also give them the opportunity to rely on people outside of their family, whilst developing their confidence and social skills with other children in a wider environment.
Windmills welcome all children. We offer sessional (part-time) care and are registered to receive 2, 3 and 4 year Early Education Funding.
Our hall is bright and airy, with large windows – our ‘eyes’ to the world. We all love to watch what is happening outside.
Our staff encourage your child’s natural need to discover and explore – every day at Windmills is a fun experience. In this friendly setting, we offer a range of learning through play to enhance the children’s imaginations and self-confidence.
For imaginative play, we have role play dressing up and physical play areas for the children to explore, as well as construction and small world to name just a few. There are lots of opportunities to take part in art and craft activities including collage and painting. Computers and a library are also available for the children to use, and we offer lots of maths and literacy activities too.
For outdoor play, we have a large enclosed area and we try to get out every day if possible. Outside, the children enjoy the mud kitchen, play house, sand pits, a water wall, bikes, scooters and an outside literacy area. There’s a large grassy area to explore too.
We love to sing, dance and play musical instruments and enjoy preparing for our concerts at Christmas and the end of the year when we always ask the parents to bring a large box of tissues along!
We follow the Early Year’s Foundation Stage curriculum, and all our activities support this. The curriculum covers the following major areas of learning and development:
♦ Communication and Language
♦ Physical Development
♦ Personal, Social and Emotional Development
♦ Understanding the World
♦ Expressive Art and Design
Every day a snack is provided in the form of fruit, vegetable and a carbohydrate. Milk and water are also provided. To encourage independence, these snacks are ‘free flow’ which means the children (once they have washed their hands with the help of one of our staff members) can have their snack when they are ready.
Managed by Mrs Sargeant, our dedicated team of ten staff are friendly, loyal and enthusiastic. To ensure your child’s well-being and development, our team have qualifications in child care and education, first aid and safeguarding, and some have also attended AET (Autism Education Trust) training. All of our staff are DBS checked. (Disclosure and Barring Service)
We have close links with all the local school nurseries and work with them to ensure an easy transition from Windmills to infant school. They often come to see us here at Windmills and we enjoy visiting them too.
What people say about us
- ♦ Windmills has been an amazing adventure, she will miss it very much
- ♦ Thanks for an amazing year. He has grown in confidence thanks to all the support and care he has received from you
- ♦ She has progressed rapidly during her time at Windmills she comes home happy every day
- ♦ She enjoys Windmills so much, she walks in confidently. We wish she could come for another year
- ♦ It has been such a fun experience for him, he loves being with other children and adults. His numbers and letters and ‘world around him’ knowledge has improved fantastically. Thank you for providing a nurturing, fun learning environment
- ♦ She has much more confidence and independence and has made excellent progress with numbers, colours, reading and writing
- ♦ We are so pleased with his development, we wondered if he would settle. Thanks to the wonderful staff it didn’t take long and he looks forward to going every day
- ♦ Thank you for being such an amazing pre-school, a great stepping stone to nursery
- ♦ She has thoroughly enjoyed her time at Windmills. She has tried so many different activities and has been encouraged to build her confidence
More information from firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 07895 464096